FULL DAY TARRAFAL - SOUTH TO NORTH ISLAND
We leave Praia in the morning in our bus for a pleasant trip to the interior of the island, we arrived at São Domingos, the gateway to the interior of Santiago and one of the richest green valleys of the island. The landscape and the live style are totally different from the capital. We go through Órgãos and Picos where is located the Pico Antónia (the highest point of the island), stop for a degustation of Grogue (white rum made out of Sugar Cane).
A little more 60 Km from Praia we arrive at Assomada, an important trading point, to visit his famous market filled with fruits and vegetables from the cultivated fields in the interior of the island and also fish too.
Then we continue our journey in Serra Malagueta Natural Park where you can find beautiful forest with eucalyptus, different kinds of acacias and endemic plants of Cap Verde, with a breath taking view for the valley of Ribeira de Principal on the
right, and on the left side Curral Afonso. Then we go down to Tarrafal, a fishing village, hosting a former concentration camp, now a museum, and a bay surrounded by palm trees which is the most picturesque beach of the Cape Verde Islands.
Lunch at Tarrafal in a typical restaurant with a panoramic view for the ocean and in the same time that we are eating we can see the fisherman arriving. Lunch is grilled fish, tuna fillet, grouper or fish of the day with rice, vegetables, salad, water and cafe.
Then you have 1 hour free for a swim at the beach of Tarrafal. Then we leave around 15h by the long road where the landscape is luxury. We can see small bays and groves, deserted beaches with black sands. Ribeira de Principal after Mangue de Sete Ribeiras and before arriving at Cha de Monte, is a rich land with an intense agricultural life.
We arrive at Praia approximately 17:30 min.
Duration: 6-7 hours
• In one day crossing practically the whole island of Santiago
• Small group ensures personal service
• Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
• Private guide for a more personalized experience
• Ideal choice for families
• All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
• All local taxes, fees and handling charges
• Fuel surcharge
• Driver/professional guide
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
• Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
PRICE FROM: 80 EUR / person
CHILDREN: - 50%
© Gaia Tourism 2018