CHÃ DAS CALDEIRAS – DAY TRIP TO ACTIVE VOLCANO
A varied landscape, the magnificent volcano and the beautiful town of São Filipe with its “sobrados” (famous traditional colonial style homes) are the reasons why so many visitors consider Fogo the most fascinating of all the Cape Verde islands.
Upon arrival there is a short visit to the town of São Filipe, charming town showing its beautiful architecture, a candidate for World Heritage classification.
We then take the coast road up to the Volcano with breathtaking landscapes. The arrival at the mouth of the volcano “Chã Des Caldeiras” is an unforgettable moment, with the black volcanic scenery contrasting sharply with the vineyards that provide the fruit for the famous Fogo wine, fruit orchards and other exotic plantations. The houses in this area are of black stone, providing an almost biblical aspect not found on the other Islands.
Duration: 6-7 hours
• View of the only one active volcano on the archipelago
• Lunch in active volcano crater
• Spectaculars pictures you will shoot
• Private guide for a more personalized experience
• Ideal choice for families
• All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
• All local taxes, fees and handling charges
• Fuel surcharge
• Driver/professional guide
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
PRICE FROM: 80 EUR / person
CHILDREN: - 50%
© Gaia Tourism 2018